A Conference on working against Human Trafficking in Europe was held from 4th to 9th September 2011 in Trzebinia, Poland. It was organized by RENATE (Religious in Europe Networking against Trafficking and Exploitation). Seventy five sisters from 17 countries of Europe (East, West and Central) gathered at this conference whose theme was ‘When we hear the Cry’.
The wounds caused by the recent disastrous flood in Ibadan metropolis are still fresh and hurting, as it robbed so many of their beloved ones and properties, and many are homeless. Most people in Ibadan experienced a flood disaster which occurred on Friday 26th August 2011, between 1am to 2.30am.
In August, five young people from Venezuela joined 2 million other young people from around the world in Madrid for World Youth Day 2011. Here Alex Marrero, Eva Paredes, Vivian Saurez, Juan Carlos Rodriguez, Antonella da Silva tell of their experiences:
National leaders in vocation, formation, marriage and family life, ethnic ministry, and youth ministry met at the Embassy Suites Hotel O’Hare-Rosemont in Rosemont, Illinois, a Chicago suburb, August 29–31, 2011, for the 24th annual vocation seminar sponsored by the J.S. Paluch Company, Inc.
Sr. Mary Balogun RSC is a pastoral ministry worker in Christ the King Parish, Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Her ministry involves visitation of parishioners in their homes, market and work places. This has enabled her to know the kind of environment and surroundings in which the parishioners live.
More Articles ...
- Celebrating Mary Aikenhead's Anniversary on 22nd July in Zambia
- Celebrating Grandparents
- Opening to the Gift of the NOW - Ireland
- European Parliament endorses 2012 as the European Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations
- Opening to the Gift of the NOW - California/Venezuela
- Women and Spirit: Catholic Sisters in America
- Time For Tea!
- A Golden Day
- Cassava Mill Project Launched In Oghererehe Emevor
- Spiritual Care For Older People