The Sisters of Charity of Australia marked their 180th year in Australia on the 15th August, the feast of the Assumption, which is the patronal feast day of both of our Congregations. Many sisters gathered in St Vincent’s College Potts Point to witness the dedication of a Courtyard to the Sisters of Charity by the Congregational Leader Sr Clare Nolan and one of the Trustees of Mary Aikenhead, David Alcock.
The day before, St Vincent's College, which opened in a room attached to the former Stables at Tarmons in 1858 celebrated its 160 years anniversary.
To read the full story on the College website please click HERE.
The following photographs of the celebration were sent by Sr Jeannie Johnston.
The Sisters who were present:
Front row left to right: Annette O'Connor, Rose Holman, Claudette Palmer, Marina Wall, Suzette Clark, Margaret Beirne, Edith King, Clare Nolan, Maria Wheeler, Angela Burke, Colleen Mills, Deirdre Hickey, Jacinta Fong, Patricia Scully.
Middle Row: Mary Frances Gould, Annette Cunliffe
Back row left to right: Anne Taylor, Anne Mayberry, Ellen O'Carrigan, Cate O'Brien, Linda Ferrington, Helen Clark, Anthea Groves, Margaret Fitzgerald, Moira O' Sulivan, Genevieve Walsh, Maureen Walters, Jan O'Grady, Colleen Noonan, Maureen Heffernan.
Caught between shots!
Back row left to right: Anne Mayberry, Ellen O'Carrigan, Cate O'Brien, (Linda Ferrington concealed), Annette Cunliffe, Helen Clark, Anthea Groves, Margaret Fitzgerald, Moira O' Sullivan.
Front Row: Marina Ward, Suzette Clark, Margaret Beirne, Edith King, Clare Nolan, Maria Wheeler.
The Congregational Chapel